Projects proposed to Codehaus are typically subject to a selection review. The review will be made by existing Codehaus committers; either senior members or members with experience in the project domain.
• may take a couple of weeks to discuss the project with
the team members proposing the project
• may say some painful things in private (like "a codebase
entirely composed of static methods sucks dude, hell will
freeze over before that pile of sh*te arrives here").
More likely feedback will be contructive and conversational
dialectic. At the end of the process, the reviewers and the
team members may write a short introduction for the project
if it arrives at Codehaus.
The project team members should be as prepared as possible
for the discussion. Here are some things considered good
advice to those bringing projects:
• Having buildable, tested and running code
• Some documentation ready for a static site or Confluence
• A roadmap
• An inkling of the competition for your project
• Some indication at what you are looking for from Codehaus
• An understanding of the Codehaus way - refer to the